Monday, December 8, 2014

Design Wall Monday/ 2014 Mystery Link-up - December 8,2014

It's Link-up time at my house.
I haven't gotten as much done on the Mystery with the busy-ness of the Holiday.
I'm loving my colors for these.
Black and "Barbie" pink.    
I had to get more Neutrals for variety.
Here is my first Double diamond as I've heard it called.
I'm very familiar with the 'dreaded chevron'.
I made several already this year with the Celtic Solstice and Midnight Flight.
It's these blocks that give such movement to the patterns.
I am not afraid of them.
These are all going in the same direction so there isn't the confusing Uphill and Downhill.
 I enjoy the bonus triangles and stitching these flip and sew style.
Bonnie's #3 method.  
She has shown multiple techniques for us to use to achieve perfect block parts.
THANKS sew Much, BONNIE!!

Here are all my block parts so far.
I have lots more cutting and stitching to do before Friday.




It's my Busy week of the year with Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Quilt Guild Potluck, a Lacey Lacers Potluck and Nutcracker coming to keep me away from my stitching.
I have gifts and Ornaments to get finished up that aren't being seen on here yet.
Our Relief Society at Church gathered last Saturday for Brunch to start off the Christmas Season.
I requested a Picture with two friends to take a picture with me to send to our Friend; Wendy
 who moved away to far-off Chicago!

I have heard the great news that I WON the NewFO Lapel Pin for November HERE
Thanks so much Barbara!

Christmas Decorating is on hold as well.
I bought a Live Wreath from my Grandson's in Kennewick.
I added some blue LED lights that are battery operated.
Linking up HERE with Quiltville
& HERE for Design Wall Monday

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful diamond unit, like you I've made many chevrons so chose #3 and whizzed through them, once I go my seam allowance correct. I really like your colors, the pinks are so vibrant. I swapped out the black to purple for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Barbie pinks! These remind me of the coconut candy squares. You are always so busy, busy!!
    Love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you swapped the turquoise for purple? That's what I was tempted to do, but then decided to go with Bonnie's colors and play it safe. Always fun to stumble across another church member too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colors for your mystery quilt, Mary! You do have a busy week.
    Our family is putting on a program at a rest home tonight, so I was just taking a break from practicing my violin to read a few blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com