Because Christmas is the time for "giving" I can show the pictures, now that all the giving is done.
All of my Packages have been delivered to my children. 2 friends might be getting their pkgs today.
I love a Homemade Christmas and have put a lot of thought into what to make for the people I love.
For the Grandchildren I made Beanbags.
Our set that was made years ago by Aunt Anne gets a lot of use at Grandma's house.
I found Buckets to keep them in and a Page of ideas HERE for using beanbags off the Internet.
I saw these fun Litter bags for the guys on a Blog tour for Homemade Christmas gifts.
Again with themed fabrics.
Infinity Scarves were made for the girls and I let them choose the one they wanted.
I made enough for me to have a couple to wear too.
Jes is reading the paper I taped on.
It says:
As you hold these candies in your hand and turn them,
you will see the M becomes a W and E and a 3.
They tell the Christmas Story; it's one I'm sure you'll know.
It took place in a Stable a Long, Long time ago.
The E is for the East where the Star shone so bright.
The M is for the Manger where baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the Wisemen bearing gifts; with haste they came
W is for Worship; Angels sang praise to His name.
So as you eat these candies or share them with a Friend
Remember the True Spirit of Christmas and Never let it end.
I saw these fun Litter bags for the guys on a Blog tour for Homemade Christmas gifts.
Again with themed fabrics.
Infinity Scarves were made for the girls and I let them choose the one they wanted.
I made enough for me to have a couple to wear too.
Jes was working last Saturday, so he opened his gift on Christmas day when they came.
They boys want the M & M's in the JarJes is reading the paper I taped on.
It says:
As you hold these candies in your hand and turn them,
you will see the M becomes a W and E and a 3.
They tell the Christmas Story; it's one I'm sure you'll know.
It took place in a Stable a Long, Long time ago.
The E is for the East where the Star shone so bright.
The M is for the Manger where baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the Wisemen bearing gifts; with haste they came
W is for Worship; Angels sang praise to His name.
So as you eat these candies or share them with a Friend
Remember the True Spirit of Christmas and Never let it end.
I have been waiting to make a quilt for Paul with the Shirts that I've culled as the collars wear out.
I made 3 of Bonnie Hunter's "Moth in the Window" blocks and wrapped them
with a promise for a future quilt. I need to de-bone a few more shirts...
Those are the main gifts I worked on behind the scenes.
It's back to the Mystery and UFO's now.
I'm linking up again with Bonnie HERE.






Your crafted gifts were all wonderful and I'm sure they were happily received! I love the infinity scarves, in particular! Glad to see your hubby is already getting to enjoy his quilt, pre-assembled! LOL! Have fun working on the Mystery!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou put so much of yourself into the gift giving, Mary. I am impressed!
ReplyDeleteGot my scarf today--thank you! So very pretty!
I love the block you chose for Paul's quilt. It looks great in the shirts! Are you just using Paul's shirts, or any shirts?
Thank you for sharing on Bonnie's Christmas Link-up. I really enjoyed seeing all of your handmade gifts. They were such thoughtful gifts. I'd love to make the car trash bags, where did you find the pattern? Also loved the bean bag idea, and have saved the activity sheet for future. I loved the infinity scarves, too. What type fabric did you use? I've only sewn with cottons, so not sure what needle etc. I'd need to use for an infinity scarf from jersey or knits. I'd love to make them though. I purchased two for my great-niece, but felt I could do the finished seam better than the maker did, so I want to try my hand at it. If you could let me know I'd appreciate it. Thanks again, I loved them all, especially your husbands blocks. His quilt will be nice and warm and cosy.
ReplyDeleteRae (nrhaller@aol.com)
Such wonderful gifts!!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of Paul wearing his quilt blocks!!