Monday, April 13, 2015

Design Wall Monday- April 13, 2015

The time has come for this Downton Abbey "English Manor Mystery" to be all sewn together.

I don't know it happened, but it did. 
 I missed making the Week 5 Blocks that were supposed to be on the sides.
I must have been BUSY that week.  I printed the pages but didn't make them blocks.
Saturday, I remedied that!

The top ones are Daisy- the bottom ones are Beryl  (Mrs Patmore).
How I could make the quilt without them?? -it could NEVER happen.

Here are all the blocks laid out in the way I had them last Monday, with Week 5 Blocks added.

This is how the REVEAL shows placement of Week 5 Blocks.  One row of each on either side.
I already have mixed up the top and bottom rows of week 6.
I wanted to see what it would look like to switch it up and trade the blocks across the rows.
  
I just can't make a Cookie Cutter Quilt.
Which version will/should I do?
Each week we had the choice to make all of one BLOCK or a combination of the two.
This was a very fun Mystery QAL.  LoveBug Studios Blog is HERE
I liked all the fabrics, even though not all were available at my LQS. 
I had to use  a different Grey and Aqua/Turquoise.

Next is the adding of the sashings and final assembly.
This week is our Walla Walla Valley Quilt Guild Symposium.
I get to show some Fun with Borders. 
 I've been selecting quilts and have 2 of Judy Laquaidara's Books that show her LOVE of Borders.
Anyone is welcome to join us!

Linking up with Judy HERE

8 comments:

  1. I like your mixed up borders. It seems to balance out the quilt better than having all the four patches on one side. It is a really pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mixed up borders the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the second option.
    I had to laugh at your comment about the cookie cutter quilt. How come you do so many SALs if you don't like a cookie cutter quilt? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the second choice. I like how both types of blocks are used. I look forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both good layouts, but I think you will make the one that pleases you the best. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second border option looks the most balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on getting your Downton mystery finished. It was a fun quilt along to do....even if I didn't keep mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you make each SAL your own. I say go for the mixed up borders.....so much more you than the copy cat. Sew Mary Sew!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com