Monday, April 20, 2015

Design Wall Monday- April 20, 2015

I am done with my English Manor Mystery- Flimsy!
I changed it up a lot in the process of putting it together.
It was a process of adding the borders and blocks in the right order and PIN, PIN Pinning them to make sure they were sewn right. Note-- I said in the right order...
I might have needed to use that ol' froggin tool.
My 4 year old grandson helped me take the pins out as I sewed the last blocks on the top and bottom.
72" x 94"
YEA!!!!
 The picture was taken at Dusk. Thanks to DH for helping me get it up and straight as possible.
I LOVE IT!
Lovebug Studios Blog is HERE
Ebony has asked for permission to use our Photos in the BOOK she will publish with the pattern.
Gladly I have e-mailed her the permission form and Picture.

Since I have another top Finished- I can start something NEW, Right???
I cut up some scraps for Bonnie's NEW Leader/Ender.
My 1.5" tote was depleted from making Lori's QAL HERE.
I have a tote of 1.5" strips (top) I can cut to make  more variety.

She's using the Idaho Square Dance Block from her "Addicted to Scraps" column in the
May/June issue of the Quiltmaker Magazine.
It's a 7" block so it will make a Bigger quilt quicker than the 3" Bowtie did for 2011 L/E.
DD#2 picked up these totes at Costco for me.
Thanks to BONNIE again for sharing the Deal on them with us.

Linking up with Judy L HERE

5 comments:

  1. Love English Manor Mystery. It turned out fabulous. I am resisting Idaho Square Dance right now. I'm using my 1 1/2"a squares for 9 patches for Tumalo Trails. I think I need 40 more. Focus Judy, focus. :)
    I've also resisted those project bin. I'm trying to empty the ones I have. LOL But I do love those colors. I tape an index card to the inside with my project and note so I can see what's what while they are stacked. Have fun filling them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your English Manor quilt top is great, I like it much better this way than the out of balance version! I am resisting the Idaho Square Dance too, although I live in Idaho and I used to Square Dance! I have a postage stamp lender/ender project I would like to get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finished top is just lovely. You made all the right changes. I definitely like your new L-E project, though 7" is still on the small side for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt top turned out very nice, Mary.
    Great totes for your projects. I haven't kept up with Bonnie's recent posts so I wasn't aware that this was her current leader/ender. Seems like a tricky block to use for this purpose. I would get confused. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the square dance block, looks like you'll be having some fun with it.
    The totes from Costco look wonderful and handy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com