I love Easter time!
It's even more Special when General Conference in held on this week-end.
It's a time to re-commit to living as Jesus Christ would have done.
Sharing the Gospel's "Good News"
HERE is a Link to a Video that shows what Easter is really about.
Today, I will spend some time putting Chocolate on these Marshmallow Eggs.

They will look like This...
Easter eggs- a sign of Spring and NEW LIFE!!!
My DD#2 is HOME this year to help me.
The last time I made them with her was in 2009 in her home in Vancouver, Washington HERE
I am blessed to share this Easter Tradition.
I will Share the recipe this year- just for my Blog Readers.
Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs
Prepeare the 'molds' by filling sheet pans with flour- smoothed out and imprinted with an EGG.
I use two or 3 with a full batch, you can halve the recipe and fill just one sheet pan.
2 pkg KNOX Gelatin + 4 TBLS Cold Water -Set aside
3 TBLS Jell-O (any flavor)
1 Cup Boiling Water
Combine the above in a Mixing bowl and start beating.
Add 2 cups Granulated Sugar and Beat 5 minutes.
Spoon into the impressions and let set. Turn over to coat the top side.
Dip in melted Chocolate and place on Waxed paper. Store in covered containers.
I got this recipe when I lived in Mesa, Washington- 39 years ago!
Thanks to Judy Barrow
They are really easy and so much better than the ones you buy in the store.
You could add icing flowers or print names on them for your grandchildren.
In my house they are usually eaten plain, the children don't wait for the fancy stuff.
If you don't want to mess with the flour, you can lightly spray a cake pan with non-stick spray
and pour the Marshmallow into it.
Cut with a sharp knife dipped into a glass of Hot water.
Shake in a Zip-lock bag with Powdered Suger and /or Coconut.
On the Quilting Front--- I have GOOD NEWS!
There are 3 students signed up for the Kid's Class this coming week.
AND---
"Through the Hourglass"
Patterns are ready for the May Class at Walla Walla Sew & Vac and Spas
#creativegoodness #Easter #BecauseHeLives
What does EASTER mean to YOU?
Linking up with QuiltShopGal HERE

Isn't that video beautiful?
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a lot of work to make those eggs. I don't like marshmallow, so I have never tried making them, though some of my friends do make the effort.
Hope your classes go well, Mary!
What a great post. Total #CreativeGoodness. Thank you for sharing your recipe for chocolate marshmallow eggs. I definitely want to give this a try. And I'm eager to hear how your kids'sewing class goes. Not sure if you spotted, but this summer I'm hosting a virtual #SummerCamp which will be part of the #CreativeGoodness events. I hope you take a lot of pictures during your class (hint, hint). And your new pattern looks lovely too! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteQuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com
Whoa, you make your own marshmallow eggs! I'm impressed, and now I can, too, but then I'd eat them all and no one would be impressed. ;) Like you, this year, all the love for my Savior, and his for me, is heightened by General Conference. I was trying to remember how often this happens, but it can't be often because I can't remember any - or I just have a broken memory. ;) Happy Easter, happy conference! Love that video, too.
ReplyDeleteP. S. Congratulations on having the pattern ready! It's going to be such a great class!
ReplyDelete