I had the adventure of a week in the Chicago area.
I scheduled this trip to go and visit my dear friend, Wendy- who moved away.
There just happened to be a "Quilt Show" in her area last week and I was invited.
You got a sneak peek at one of the events on the Monday Blog.
If you followed me on Instagram or Facebook you might have seen some of these pictures already.
I flew into Chicago a week ago, arriving in the middle of the night.
I missed my earlier flight by about 5 minutes.
I don't fly often.
I mistakenly thought at my small airport I could get there a half hour before and be ok.
I got my flight changed to later that aternoon. Came home to twiddle my Thumbs.
Wendy picked me up and I slept awhile then went to the Mystery class with Debbie Caffrey.
I didn't take a picture with her in Portland so I made sure to do that this time.
I chose one of my Robyn Pandolph Paisley's and added the red for high contrast.
The Pre-cutting made the assembly fast.
My Version
"Debbie's Mystery"

It was sew FUN to go and see all the Beautiful Quilts, some that had been shown in Houston last Fall.
Friday Evening was the Iron Quilter Challenge with Show and Tell.
Here's the winning team. More Pictures are HERE on Facebook.

Wendy's friend from California flew in to go with us to the Iron Quilter's Challenge.

One last "Groupie" at Schaumburg Train Station.

A stop at Culver's for some Frozen Custard Ice Cream.
Bonnie Hunter is right- it's delicious!

The Chicago Thin Crust Pizza, Portillos Hot Dog and Chicago Mix Popcorn was good too!
I'm happy I got to go.
It's back to the Real World now...
This April Fool's Birthday Boy and his mom came to surprise me at the Walla Walla Airport.

Helping Grandma with her bags...






Looks like a grand adventure, Mary.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time! I have seen people do the same thing as you at the Lewiston airport. On the other hand my mom was there an hour and a half before her flight today and then it was delayed! I missed seeing you at the Tri-Cities show!
ReplyDeleteChicago is a great city to visit, and Schaumberg is quite nice, too. I'm so glad you got friend time and quilt time.
ReplyDelete