Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday's Design Wall in Walla Walla

I wasn't going to do the link to Judy's Design wall this week. But decided to share anyway. I picked up my quilts from the local Fair and read the comments from the judges. Short and sweet...good job, great Job and they liked the bindings. I'm glad I took my time on those Bindings and hand-stitched them down. For the Reunion Quilt they said was a cute idea. The Christmas quilt they said "well matched piecing". These are the blocks for my SBS quilt that are not the right size or are duplicates. They will make a smaller quilt or shams to go with my big quilt. Next to them on the wall are my ribbons from the Walla Walla Fair. I'm looking to put my Blue Ribbon Purple Flowerpot quilt up in the entryway to the quilting dungeon. It fits perfectly on the wall space. I'm just too short, (vertically challenged) to put it up. I will enter it in the upcoming Walla Walla Quilt Festival too, before it can be hung. I'm thinking a bit of hand quilting in the ditch is in order on it. That gives Dear Hubby time to hang the hardware or wood shelf to hang it from. This is how my SBS wall looks this week. I did at least 13 blocks last week, and have reached the halfway point. I need about 6 more inches depth on this design wall. I don't have it nailed into the wall so I can move it when company comes. My 1st set of Blue and Brown SWAP blocks are done, too. I'm re-thinking the 2nd set after making one of the Kings Star blocks, don't care to do that one again for Swapping. Too hard to not match those points and tiny arcs to be sewn, no fun... SBS COUNT: 74 Scrappy (not counting duplicate blocks) 31 30's Fabrics Many blocks left to do... but Half way plus 4 is good!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com