
I took a ride with Lynn, my Quilting Buddy. We drove Thursday to Portland, Oregon to attend the EE Schenks Fall Trade Show. We delivered our two quilts previously to be hung and judged there. This was a new experience for me to go and see the Warehouse and meet some of the Fabric Vendors and reps. The warehouse is HUGE and because Lynn had signed up for classes on Friday- her birthday, I spent the day wandering the aisles by myself. Here's a picture of part of the warehouse.

She says there was something good that happened on 9-11 many years ago. I tried to make the day fun and memorable for her. Being away from her family. The Birthday girl---

In the afternoon we met late for lunch and rode the shuttle back to the hotel for her to take the last class. I told the shuttle busload of ladies it was her b-day and they all sang "Happy Birthday" to her when she got on. We spent the evening eating at Red Robin, where they sang to her and gave her a free ice cream sundae and then we went back to the Marriott to work on our SBS blocks. She cut out a bunch for the Christmas SBS Block Swap and I sewed the ones I'd cut out to make while we were gone.
Saturday Morning Libby Lehman was the Featured Speaker. She talked about "Creativity" I took a picture of Lynn with her and one of her in front of one of her quilts. We perused the aisles to find the stuff Lynn wanted to buy and talked to a few Vendors. Looked at the Bias Tape maker and the flip ruler bias strip cutter. Watched the demo of the Accu-quilt Go-Cutter, met Annie Unrein from by annie Designs and a few more. That evening they had Flamenco dancers and Tapas.

Sunday, we were at the warehouse all day... hoping to win some prizes for the shop.
Lynn had collected chances/tickets all week-end for her orders, attending classes etc. I got one for each day and for attending the Guest Speaker. We put our tickets in the bin and our ballots for Peoples Choice in the ballot box, before going into the lunchroom to sit. Lynn heard her sister's name called as a prize winner of one of the Door Prize drawings on Sunday. We sat and visited with her most of the day. She and her sister won multiple prizes. I won a fleece rag-gy blanket with Boyd's Bears on it. I had to take their picture since they haven't seen each other for at least 8 years.

Here is Lynn jumping for Joy to celebrate winning the $100 prize for People's Choice at TRENDS.
Wow, you had a busy weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a nice day trip with your friend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a weekend! Congrats to Lynn! I have been to Schenk's as a "representative" of a friend with a wholesale acct. I got to shop and shop!
ReplyDelete