The rest of my stash is scattered through the basement; some is in ream boxes on shelves in the utility room, some in Totes, some bolts are covered up by blankets to keep the light from harming it. Some UFO's are in a chest of drawers, or in totes beside the chest of drawers, some are in the guest room closet. If I took time to sort and clean the STASH I wouldn't have time to Quilt!I sorted UFO's and counted them recently and found I had 17 ready to be quilted, they just needed backing and batting. I posted here about that adventure. My DD #1 helped me sort and organize when we moved to Walla Walla 5 years ago, that is when my fabric fit into the ream boxes. Time to do it again?
A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Saturday, September 26, 2009
The "Stash"
By request of JUDY L...Here is the 'organized' part of my STASH. I have this pantry cabinet that holds some of my fabric on bolts. Here is the fabric that I dearly love and haven't found the right project to cut into it for. I've put in as much as will fit, along with some Charm Packs on the top shelf. On the right side is my Fat Quarter collection in the plastic drawers. See how it is overflowing off the top? I use the FAT Q's in my Disappearing Nine Patch quilts. Nine of them will make a throw sized quilt. I see many quilts in that part of my stash... Too many quilts...Not enough time. I dare not take a picture of the rest... You can join others "Showing your Stash, if you dare...
The rest of my stash is scattered through the basement; some is in ream boxes on shelves in the utility room, some in Totes, some bolts are covered up by blankets to keep the light from harming it. Some UFO's are in a chest of drawers, or in totes beside the chest of drawers, some are in the guest room closet. If I took time to sort and clean the STASH I wouldn't have time to Quilt!I sorted UFO's and counted them recently and found I had 17 ready to be quilted, they just needed backing and batting. I posted here about that adventure. My DD #1 helped me sort and organize when we moved to Walla Walla 5 years ago, that is when my fabric fit into the ream boxes. Time to do it again?
The rest of my stash is scattered through the basement; some is in ream boxes on shelves in the utility room, some in Totes, some bolts are covered up by blankets to keep the light from harming it. Some UFO's are in a chest of drawers, or in totes beside the chest of drawers, some are in the guest room closet. If I took time to sort and clean the STASH I wouldn't have time to Quilt!I sorted UFO's and counted them recently and found I had 17 ready to be quilted, they just needed backing and batting. I posted here about that adventure. My DD #1 helped me sort and organize when we moved to Walla Walla 5 years ago, that is when my fabric fit into the ream boxes. Time to do it again?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(172)
-
▼
September
(13)
- Relief Society Sisters Meeting
- The "Stash"
- Owie...
- DESIGN WALL 9-21-09
- Walla Walla Quilt Festival 2009
- Happy Birthday Baby girl- all grown up...
- Colby J is 5 today...
- Design Wall update 9-14-09
- Quilt Buddy's B-Day Trip
- My Eldest Son's 32 Birthday
- In honor of 9-09-09
- Monday's Design Wall in Walla Walla
- Blue and Red Ribbons
-
▼
September
(13)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
I don't think this is even half of your Stash!
ReplyDeletehaha I'm going to have to agree with Tina... although you did say this was the organized part, haha
ReplyDeleteMaybe not the whole stash but that's OK. Sounds like my Mom who has a dozen or two quilt tops ready to be quilted. I'm not that productive, yet.
ReplyDelete