Monday, December 13, 2010

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - December 13, 2010

OH, My STARS! I was looking for something to put on the Design wall and look what I found??? My friend, Marilee at the Royal Ridges retreat was making a Bookcase quilt for her brother for Christmas and I really want to make one. I think I've found the perfect piece for the Nativity Shelf... I know it won't happen this year, but I can hope to have it done if I work on it a little each month in 2011. And I also think I've found the setting square fabric for my Christmas Lone Star. It's one of the BIG -- UFO's on my 2010 List. What I really wanted was to have a pieced star in each of the four corners, but I think this gold will work and I can 'quilt' some stars in the space instead. When I looked around for Christmas Quilts to display this year I realized I have only two and one was from my "Christmas Around the World" Demostrator/Supervisor Days- the other is a Postcard scrappy Christmas Quilt I made in a Mystery Workshop at Quiltmania. I made all the Christmas quilts for my children in 2008 except for Jeffery who was in Cuba at the time. I owe him one still. With 12 days left I might be able to get a 'flimsy' ready to show him and have my corners on my Lonestar so I can be done with it, except for the Quilting. I have many Christmas blocks just waiting to to be Quilts from SWAPs and just need to decide on their setting and stitch them together. IN 2011 the goal will be for a Christmas Quilt on every BED! Click on Judy L's Blog to go see other Design Walls and get inspired to create something for Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. a Christmas quilt on every bed is quite a goal! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did all your Chrismas quilts go? I've got the one you made us 2 years ago and a fleece one and a Christmas tree pillow!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the gold for the Lone Star. I think it will fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Lone Star...I really want to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lone Star looks like my feathered star, unfinished. And I think I could do a Christmas quilt for every bed cuz we only have two and I have one made already. But I would really love to make that nativity quilt. I have a bookcase quilt that covers DH's MESSY bookcase during Christmas. But I love the one in your picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com