There was no animal or human to blame for this. I think the base of the tree is the reason it fell. There was a very good reason we bought the Pre-lit tree last year. It is only 6ft but it is a blessing to not have to string lights on it. I did add some blue lights to it since I put the Blue glass ornaments from when we lived in Mesa on it. I bought them at the "Akins" Grocery Store in Connell when it went out of business. I also bought rolls of wrapping paper at that time. I think it is all gone, except for the memories of all the gifts under the tree wrapped in the same paper.
I had thought of adding the glass Ornaments to the BIG tree. I debated well into the night before committing to doing the Nativity Ornaments with the White Garland on the smaller tree. I have so many collectible ornament that are not replaceable on the "Nativity" Tree. I wanted to keep them a little out of reach for tiny fingers when they come.
My Facebook Friends were quick to console me...It's fixable, I hope with the Metal Tree Stand we used to use...
A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
TIM-BERRRRRR
There was no animal or human to blame for this. I think the base of the tree is the reason it fell. There was a very good reason we bought the Pre-lit tree last year. It is only 6ft but it is a blessing to not have to string lights on it. I did add some blue lights to it since I put the Blue glass ornaments from when we lived in Mesa on it. I bought them at the "Akins" Grocery Store in Connell when it went out of business. I also bought rolls of wrapping paper at that time. I think it is all gone, except for the memories of all the gifts under the tree wrapped in the same paper.
I had thought of adding the glass Ornaments to the BIG tree. I debated well into the night before committing to doing the Nativity Ornaments with the White Garland on the smaller tree. I have so many collectible ornament that are not replaceable on the "Nativity" Tree. I wanted to keep them a little out of reach for tiny fingers when they come.
My Facebook Friends were quick to console me...It's fixable, I hope with the Metal Tree Stand we used to use...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(177)
-
▼
December
(22)
- 2011 Monthly Monochromatic Challenge
- UFO's READY - Set - GO
- Quilting while I can...
- Design Wall Monday. December 27,2010
- Christmas 2010- long, lots of Pics...
- 2010 Eve of Christmas EVE
- Wrapping Crazy Grandma...
- Design Wall Monday - December 20, 2010
- Looking More and More like Christmas
- AQS Blog of the Week-
- 2011 UFO Challenge
- I Feel Loved!
- DESIGN WALL MONDAY - December 13, 2010
- Ornaments & Ballet
- TGIF-Making Progress
- TIM-BERRRRRR
- Trees galore
- Design Wall Monday, December 6, 2010
- 1st Sunday of Christmas 2010 Season
- My LUCK is Holding...
- Ready to Bind, LYNN...
- Mini Trees on Display
-
▼
December
(22)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
Oh no! I'm having horrible visions now or our own tree toppling over. I can't even imagine. Hard to find a bright side, but I guess it could have fallen ON someone.
ReplyDelete