Monday, July 8, 2013

Design Wall Monday- July 8, 2013

I woke with the song, "Lazy Mary, Will you get up?" in my head today.  Here it is July and I need to get some quilting ready for the FAIR.  I don't want to start my FAIR project until I get a few more Flimsies (aka:UFO's) ready for quilting. I sewed and sewed this morning to have something to show today.  Last week was a real bust for me- not much sewing happened in the quilt Zone... I did get go Yard Sale/Thrift store shopping and to a couple Baseball games! I'll show all of my new "treasures" on Wednesday.
DH had to make up for working over 70 hours and all day on the 4th of July. 
I was pretty bummed that day to miss the FUN with Family who gathered in Tri-cities.
 I got two more "Midnight Flight" blocks sewn as leader/enders while I made the 
4-patches for the remake of the Stitchin Heaven Quilt. 

 I am still having fun twisting all of the 4-patches. 

I love the look of what I have done so far. [30 Blocks --5 x 6]
 This Pattern is called "Somewhere in Time". It isn't my design. I showed the quilt I made for Deb Lutrell on the BLOG  last week HERE. I like my choice of fabrics MUCH better. 
I only have 6 more alternate blocks to make. That means about 24 more 4-patches to twist.
 I have to take a break from this today and get my Lotto Block done for Quilt Guild tomorrow. 

I am late to Link up HERE today. There are 69 others who are already linked.

2 comments:

  1. "Somewhere in Time" is gorgeous, Mary! Nice fabric selections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midnight Flight is wonderful. I love HSTs and this is a great block to use them in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com