Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oh, Pioneers!!!

I'm so singing the Pioneer songs today!  Brant called to wake me up this morning- HE'S IN UTAH!!!  He got up at 5am to take his 3 boys and Aaron to watch the Pioneer parade in Utah. I'm sooooo Jealous!
This is the collar and my Cameo that I wore last Sunday.  
I guess I wore it a week too early...My Husband is speaking about the Pioneers this coming Sunday. 
Thanks to Eliza R Snow we have this wonderful International Organization.  

I just finished reading this Book about Ephriam Hanks.  He isn't related to me but was one of the Rescuer's of the Willie and Martin Handcark Companies.  I am still waiting to see the MOVIE about him and the Rescue.  It is in Boise NOW but I can't go there today.  HERE is a Link to the Movie Trailer

Today, I will go and enjoy a Picnic with my fellow "Daughter's of Utah Pioneers" at Whitman Mission.

The song that came to my mind today is on page 218 of the Children's Primary Songbook.
"To Be a Pioneer"


  1. 1. You don't have to push a handcart,
    Leave your fam'ly dear,
    Or walk a thousand miles or more
    To be a pioneer!
  2. 2. You do need to have great courage,
    Faith to conquer fear,
    And work with might for a cause that's right
    To be a pioneer!
  3. We are marching, ever marching.
    We are marching, ever marching,
    Marching onward, ever onward.
    We are pioneers;
    we're marching.
  4. Words: Ruth Muir Gardner, 1927-1999. (c) 1980 IRI
    Music: Ruth Muir Gardner, 1927-1999; arr. by Vanja Y. Watkins, b. 1938. (c) 1980 IRI

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com