Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Aloha LUS-NewFO

I cut out a bunch of LUS (Loyal Union Sampler)  Blocks while I watched TV on Monday night. 
It sure helps to cut out a few ahead.  The Block parts can be their own leader/enders. 
 I concentrated on only cutting for the Aloha Quilt this week.
 There is 35 Blocks in the Quilt I'd like to finish (at least the Top) before I go to see Jennifer in CO.

9 Blocks cut, ready to Sew
11 Blocks finished for the Aloha LUS.
They need to be Pressed and squared to 6.5"

 8 more cut out while watching QuiltCAM this evening. These will bring my total to 19! 
I'm over halfway in making ones I need to make for the Quilt on Page 9.
When I find a Light Pink to use in a few of the remaining blocks I can get them cut out. Some of the remaining blocks are Paper-pieced.  History proves that I will put those off as long as I can...

3 Blue and White Blocks to go with my Tester Blocks HERE. Total for this colorway is 6.
I'll work on these more  with the LUS Yahoo group when the Block of the Week starts in Oct.
This is my NewFO for September.  I'll link up HERE once the Link-up is posted at Cat Patches.

9 comments:

  1. Everything looks good, Mary, but I don't know how you get so much done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking wonderful, Mary! Way to go! Still crossing my fingers you will have your top ready to show Jennifer :-)

    Enjoy the quilt show this weekend!
    Hugs and stitches from
    Anne Ida

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite a project but it looks like you are making good headway. The blocks all look wonderful! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot of blocks done! It takes forever to cut them all out, I know. I usually do projects like that a few at a time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful. It's hard to believe they're only 6.5". Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like your cutting a group of blocks then sewing them is working very good for you. I really like your blue and white blocks. I've been seeing more & more of those lately. That might just be where I go next. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great blocks! I'm looking forward to piecing something again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a project. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com