Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Deadlines & Another Birthday Boy

"If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done."  I've heard this saying many times in my life.  
I don't know why I wait until the last minute all the time to do what I've been working on for the Quilt Festival.Block and Quilt Challenge.  I had to e-mail to find out the size I'd put down for my Challenge Quilt too. Now it's nearly time to turn them all in and I'm trying to hurry to get it all done.  
I'm glad I only registered 'finished' Quilts to show.   No sneak peek of my Challenge project TODAY.
  Tuesday was another Grandson's Birthday.  I have had the towels but just needed to stitch the name on.
Today my Youngest Daughter turns 27. Do I feel OLD??? Yes,I DO! 
She already got her gift from Deseret Book and her Card made it there on Monday. 

While I had my screwdriver out to change the presser foot to stitch the Towel, 
I decided to check for "Dust Bunnies".
EWWWWWW  Guess that was a job long overdue.
There was even more that I didn't take a photo of.  I used a Q-tip and cleaned out under all the places I could reach.  I forget to take out the bobbin case holder and there was a lot of fuzzy stuff under there.  
I oiled it and it sounds much better now.
I got parts of a Blue and White Loyal Union Sampler Block cut and ready to make after I cut the parts from the Striped Fat Quarter to share with my Quilt Buddy Lynn.  I have some left over, that is nice!
Since I had the Template already cut out, why not?
I just need the center block and more background triangles to finish this block.  It's called "Drummer Boy"

 This CUTE block came in the mail from Brookings, OR.  I met Doni at the Block Party in Portland last March. We took ALL of the same classes at the Block Party. She's been busy with new grandbabies as much as I have.  We decided to Swap our Blocks from the Block Swap. 
That meant making a new block for her. 
She's been busy with new grandbabies as much as I have.  We decided to Swap our Blocks from the Block Swap. That meant making a new block for her. 
 Here we are pictured with Jo Morton on the last Day.
I thought I'd find the picture of my other SWAP Blocks.
 I have swapped with one other person that I met there so now I have 11 blocks...
HMMMM Where did I put these???
I made this 8 Can Taco Soup for the Linger Longer and by the time we got through the line there was barely a spoonful left.  That just wasn't enough so I had to make it again.  Rainy Days call for a Soup Supper.
 1 can each Black Beans, pinto beans, sweet Corn, all drained. I can White Chicken, 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup, 1 Can Green Enchilada Sauce, 1 can Chicken Broth.  1 Package Taco Seasoning.
Mix it all in Crockpot and heat through.  Serve with cheese and Tortilla Chips.
I added and substituted a few things. (IE: Kidney beans and I used Green salsa instead of Enchilada sauce.)
"Try it you'll like it" said, Mikey's big brother...

2 comments:

  1. We had a rainy day too, and I was feeling soup. I made potato soup though. Yummy! Another rainy day today... Good luck with your challenge quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little bird block!
    I made chili on our recent rainy day--your soup sounds good. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com