After my walk home Friday night, my feet hurt and I tried sewing with my Left foot after a while. I found that I didn't have as good of control but I've been told that it is better for my back to use my left foot on the foot pedal. It's worth trying and I just have to keep trying. I was happy to finish 9 more blocks and one more for the SBS too. My DH, Paul was on a camp out with the Youth in our Church. I usually stay up late/early on nights he is gone. That meant I slept in on Saturday.
Here is the bottom of the quilt- in the designated order.
Here is some green sashing up on the wall. Maybe a lighter green would work better since I have used this shade of green in some of my blocks. My other choices are yellow or there is two shades of Blue to choose from at Lynn's shop. I'm thinking of scrappy cornerstones to break up the sashings. I've used the yellow and the medium blue in some blocks also- I'm up for suggestions. . . Comments, please.
Click HERE to see more Design Wall Monday posts.


Is it possible to find a sashing color that isn't also somewhere in the blocks? I know many 30s quilts had a peachy colored sashing--or that green you are auditioning. Maybe just see which of your options doesn't melt into more of the blocks.
ReplyDeleteI realize I need to clarify--my question in my earlier comment was just saying that I think any color you choose that will look good is going to be in the blocks somewhere. Try to find the one that is least likely to blur the line between the blocks and sashing. Is that a better way of putting it? : )
ReplyDeleteLove all the blocks Mary. I don't think it matters if your sashing is in some of the blocks too. If you like it, use it. I do like the idea of pale yellow though. And I love scrappy cornerstones. :)
ReplyDeleteDo what makes you happy.
I bet you'll use blue. You like blue a lot! =)
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet colors! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.
ReplyDeleteLooks very pretty and that is a lovely green, I thought that scrappy cornerstones would be great and when I finish my FW quilt I may use that idea too. Lovely blocks!
ReplyDelete