Monday, April 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday, April 30, 2012

Better late than never to put the UFO up on the Design Wall.  It's been the April UFO two years in a row I just realized in looking through my UFO book. I still have all day to get it to the "flimsy" stage, right?  I'm at the point  of deciding if I want to make some connecting 9-patch blocks to set it together or just sash it and be done! I found a dark green fabric in my Christmas Stash that I think will work.  The stars were to be red, green and gold or tan in this swap back in 2009 with the SBS group.  I have siggy blocks to put on the back from the block swap ladies. The stars came from US, Canada, Ireland and UK. I could call it "International Stars". I still am playing with the blocks to get the lights and darks sorted how I like them.

 The two choices of sashing fabric I found at the 99 cent/yard sale is up on the wall today too along with a dark brown that Lynn has.  I like the PINK the best.  The Light green is a small check. Both pieces have plenty of yards in them to make the sashings. 5 yards should do it.


Click over HERE to see all the Design Walls linked to Patchwork times.

Check back later today to sign up for my Drawing for a copy of the Quiltmaker 100 Blocks Volume 5.

4 comments:

  1. If YOU like the pink, use the pink. I think the green is a little too dark, but maybe that shows off the blocks better?
    Hurry and get it to a flimsy stage. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink is not my favorite color, but why not try both. Add a small inner border around all the blocks with the pink, then sash with the green? It's a lot more work, but think of it as using up more stash and making the quilt a big bigger (if it needs to be). Whatever you do it will be beautiful. The blocks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you want 9 patch blocks, then do it. After all this time, you should do it how you want it. Right?

    Since there are no quilt police, I say do what makes you happy. And if pink makes you happy, then pink it should be~

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I love the look of the blocks just joined together, too. I think it will look great no matter what you decide. Each color gives that quilt a different "attitude", enjoy making it in to a top!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com