Friday, April 13, 2012

"Wash Day" Poem

I found the Poem I referred to in my last posting.  Little did I know I'd find it connected to a "Little House on the Prairie" Book HERE.  

“Wash on Monday,
Iron on Tuesday,
Mend on Wednesday,
Churn on Thursday,
Clean on Friday,
Bake on Saturday,
Rest on Sunday.”



I was right that "Wash Day" was on Monday.   I'm so glad that with our modern appliances we can wash any day we choose.   Matter of fact we have life so much easier than the 'olden' days, we should be forever grateful.
I just had to share since it was bugging me all week.  

2 comments:

  1. I remember having a set of seven embroidered dishtowels with this on them--one for each day, with a little stitchery of the activity named. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now that selection for "Little House"! I could have told that to you. I've also read it in a few pioneer type books.
    I'm just glad I don't have to iron and mend every week (and don't forget churning butter!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com