Monday, November 9, 2015

Design Wall Monday- Flashback November 9, 2015

My Dear, one and Only Sister says she is COLD in Utah on her Mission.
She wondered if I had an Extra Blanket I could spare...
I think I need to have that talk with her about the difference between a "Blanket and a Quilt"
Since she is still waiting for her Double Wedding ring...
Maybe this one will do until I can replace it with that one.
I started this Quilt way back HERE.

It was one of the first ones that I quilted on "Betsy"!

I love this 'Wild Roses' Fabric line of Marti Michell
The blue and yellow are perfect for my Sister.

It was just lying around in my crowded Quilt Closet waiting to be shared.
I hope it will keep her a little warmer this Winter.
I'm sure looking at it will brighten her day!

On my Design Wall this week I have my Guild Block of the Month. 
It needs a Final Border.
I'm thinking that the fabric I tested last week on my Vacation time quilt will work just great.

What do you think?
OR-Should I use it for this one or my Vacation time from HERE

Linking up with Patchworktimes HERE

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you definitely have some 'splaining to do to your sister about the difference between a blanket and a quilt! LOL! What you're planning on sending is absolutely gorgeous!! I like your pick for the borders of your Vacation Time quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can your sister be cold already? It is only just cool here right now. She might need two quilts for when it really gets cold. : )
    That is a beauty you are finishing to send. Would brighten any drab winter day (or night).
    I'd have to see that fabric up against the quilt to be sure, but it looks to me like a strong possibility for a border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt you are sending to your sister. She's so lucky! I have no advice to offer on your fabric question, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like the fabric with the Vacation time quilt. The build BOM is busier and the border might fight with it. On the vacation time I think it makes the center pop out and is very complimentary.

    The quilt will be great for your sister. I currently have 5 quilts on our bed. We about froze to death at our hotel the last few days! I didn't haul any quilts with us, but I should have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com