I needed to catch up on the Blogger's BOM Quilt-A-Long before next year. The new one just came out by Pat Sloan and isn't due until January 25th, But it's nice to be ahead a bit on this one. Even though I am not totally back to my normal self. Which meant I had to do a bit of UN-sewing, Frogging... I hate when I get fabric placement in the wrong order. November's Block was the troublesome one. It's not all wrong but I wanted it right!
Here I show how I put it together incorrectly and then...changing a fabric and frogging the whole thing,
Here it is the Better and CORRECTED way. This one is called "November Split Star" by Stephanie Dunphy of Loft Creations. Click the link to go to the tutorial she did on her Blog.
The December Block was fairly easy, but I had to double check how to place the 16 patches in the final layout. I had to re-cut the HST's. I know they are made but they wandered off between the ironing board and final assembly time. They will turn up sometime when I'm not looking for them and I can always use them somewhere else and save a bit of time. Maybe not in this BOM, but only time will tell. Thanks to Pat Sloan for the Easy December Block. She calls it "December Organization". Her Tutorial is on her Blog also if you like this Block. I have to Thank Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works for organizing the Quilt-A-Long
A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Thursday, December 29, 2011
November & December Blogger BOM blocks
Labels:
Blogger's BOM,
December Block,
Loft Creations,
November Block,
Pat Sloan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(283)
-
▼
December
(22)
- New Year's Eve UFO Quiltmashup
- November & December Blogger BOM blocks
- NewFO's List
- 2011 Crowther Christmas
- 2011 Christmas Eve at our house
- Tonsillectomy, at my age...
- UFO List for 2012
- Design Wall Monday/UFO Reporting for 2011!
- Blog Hop Party Winner
- Stash Report - December 18, 2011
- Gingerbread Mansions
- Secret Gift Revealed...
- 11 Day's 'til Christmas- warning: long Post
- Design Wall Monday,December 12, 2011
- Stash Report - December 11, 2011
- Saturday's Christmas Celebrations.
- Getting Inspired...by Trees
- Blog Hop Party!
- My Army Son- on leave
- Design Wall Monday, December 5, 2011
- Stash Report - December 4, 2011
- 2011 Christmas Quilt Show
-
▼
December
(22)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner



They look great! I think I might use the one version as a label on the back! Thanks for being part of the BOM!
ReplyDeleteI really like December's block. How large are these blocks? Those 16 patch squares look tiny!
ReplyDeleteDon't you hate messing up like that? I'm fairly good at completely frogging a block. LOL! Nice work getting back together again! :)
ReplyDeleteI had trouble with that split star too. Couldn't seem to wrap my mind around that negative space. It took me three tries to get it right.
ReplyDelete