Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2011-2012 Blogger's Block of the Month

 It's been a while since I posted about the Blogger's Block of the Month.  Each month since last September on the 25th we have been given a link with a new Tutorial to make a block.  This month is Block #13. The Tutorial comes from Sarah Feilke of Australia. It is a 'Star in a Star'.  I got my Blocks out and the directions for the two last blocks I needed to make and made them tonight.
 On the Left is Block #11, Right is #12

 

 I have used scraps around my cutting table each month so mine aren't as Match-y Match-y as they could be. These are all 8" Blocks.  Block #11 is a Split Ohio Star from Victoria Findlay Wolfe of Bumble Beans.
Her Block assembly is not the same as in her directions. I made mine like her Block in Jackie's BOM. My Block #12 is made with the same fabrics as I used in my Shop Hop challenge this month. The green with the paisley is KAFFE.  The fabric used by Jackie in her blocks is all from Kaffe.  Block #12 came from Amy of Amy's Creative Side. She didn't give the block a 'name'.

Jackie showed the other 12 Blocks in the proposed arrangement  HERE.
Here is how my Blocks look in the same arrangement that Jackie has on her Blog.  #13 goes in the center.



I only need to make #13 and wait until October 25th to get more directions for setting the quilt together.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Mary!! I've really enjoyed your fabric choices through this BOM...I'm such a bluesy person anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty! I don't usually go for blue but I really like these! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you keep up with all of the many block projects you have going? It boggles my mind! These look great, Mary, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com