Today. I remember my Daddy, it would have been his 99th birthday today. I have tried over the years to keep his memory alive in the hearts of my Children. Telling them about him and sharing stories from my childhood. I had to scan in these photos today and post them to show his personality.
My favorite Family Photo from the 1960's. I'm wearing a dress that mom made for my Big Brother's wedding. About 1963.
I think this picture was taken at my Uncle Don's home in Moses Lake. I remember the 'beanie' I took it to school in 3rd grade, that was in 1965. Notice the "Flour sack" dresses my sister and I are wearing.
This Picture is typical Daddy. He loved the Leisure suits and bought them in several colors. Because my Dress was pink he wore this Pink jacket and Plaid pants. It was 1976 and plaid was IN! He brought my Mother to visit during Mother's Week at Rick's College. The picture is taken in our Dorm room, 4th Dorm, top of the HILL. My Date, (Rich Hindman) ordered the Lei for me from Hawaii. One of our FHE brothers was from Hawaii. My Dress is the one I wore when I was in Miss Moses Lake. I added the sleeves to it for this dance. I'm also wearing a crocheted shawl my mother made. I still have the dress and the shawl. I wish I still had Daddy's Suit. For our Wedding Reception he wore a Lime green suit.




I loved looking at those pictures again. What a fun guy he was!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Grandpa!!
ReplyDeletewish i had a pink suit.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, keeping his memory alive in the minds of your children (and consequently, their children)! Your dad looks like he was a fun guy. I'm sure you're looking forward to seeing him again in eternity!! :)
ReplyDeletehahaha first I have to laugh at Jeff's comment! :) I wish you did too Jeff! And next, I love those pictures! I really like the one with you in the beanie... your Dad's face is so happy, and everybody looks like they're having fun! 99! That's pretty good!
ReplyDelete