Sunday, September 16, 2012

Announcing the WINNERS of WWV Quilt Festival

I picked some of these winners and here they are...
 Best of Show (as usual)- Jes Berry "Winter Therapy"

1st People's Choice - Lana Trout "Staying Centered"

2nd People's Choice - Donna Molesh "Mariner's Guiding Star"
3rd People's Choice- Rebecca Fritts "Bella Roma"

People's Choice Small Quilts  - Becky Martin -"Lucky 13"
 Becky's Quilt also got the 3rd Judge's Choice Ribbon.
1st Place People's Choice Small Quilts - Shirley Coykendall "Poinsettias"

2nd Place People's Choice Small Quilts- Teddy Beer- "Fiesta, Fiesta"

3rd Place People's Choice Small Quilts - Shirley Coykendall " Snowy Owl"

Block Challenge Winner- Marilyn McCann-
The Fabric underneath  her block is what they had to use.
I haven't shown the Lucky 13 Quilts- These had to be made using the 2012 Theme. They were judged by our Featured Quilter, Barbara Shapel.

1st Place -by Joey Lea McVane

2nd Place  - by Terri Hellberg
3rd Place- by Becky Martin (shown above)

Here are the other entries. (I missed taking a picture of one)




It was a Great Quilt Festival! Next year it will be the end of the month of September. That gives me a couple extra weeks to make something "Quilt Show Worthy". I found a new pattern while I was at the Festival, that I want to make and it just might take me all year to do it right.  I haven't heard who won the new Pfaff yet. I forgot to ask if I needed to back up my car to pick it up...LOL

4 comments:

  1. Awesome quilts! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many creative and fun quilts. Sometimes I need to remind myself that it is okay if I don't make "quilt show" quality stuff. I make what I enjoy. But I don't ever plan to enter my quilts in anything. I'm not that brave. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, WOW! There were some incredible quilts at that show!! That Poinsettias quilt is breathtaking ... oh my. Wish I could have wandered through this show in person ... but since I couldn't, I very grateful you've shared!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bella Roma is beautiful, too. And Lucky 13 is darling -- that's the number I got that won a door prize -- it *is* a lucky number! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com