30's Farmer's Wife
Bonnie Hunter is posting a linky for progress on our National Sewing Month today. Here is the progress since I came home and have placed every block that I have done in it's position in the Farmer's Wife Quilt on my Living Room floor. (the picture is Upside Down) While I was in Portland we sewed at night in the Hotel room. We were tired after spending most of the day at the EE Schencks Warehouse, but since we had packed all of the machines and stuff -we made ourselves sew. Lynn was putting her sashings on and made a couple of the paper pieced blocks too. She cracks a mean whip, I tell you, but she rewarded me with a Klondike Bar Friday night. I forgot to take a picture of our set up there. I made the 4 blocks I showed on my Design Wall Monday post this morning. I also have 3 more blocks cut out and ready to sew. That makes it easy to take just a few minutes and get something done. I just need all the sashing and cornerstones added between the rows once I finish the blocks.What would you do for a Klondike Bar? I made Paper-pieced blocks. I only have 5 more to make for this quilt. That feels good! My total FW Blocks number 94 of the 111 so there are only 17 left to go! One week from Tomorrow is our Farmer's Wife Group at Thread and Bolts and I'd like to have something big to show!
I'm linking up with Bonnie Hunter HERE. She is hand quilting on her Nearly Insane Quilt. Check out the links there.

I just ordered the FW book with the intention of making a quilt like yours my next project. :)
ReplyDeleteAlmost there, Mary! That has got to feel good!
ReplyDeleteBoy, do you think you can have those 19 blocks finished and get it assembled in one week? Oh, of course. I forgot that at times you forgo sleep. : )
Mary, this is just awesome! And, just between you and I, I wouldn't do much for a Klondike ... my hubby, on the other hand, is a whole different story! :)
ReplyDeleteWoah! Those are some gorgeous blocks!!!
ReplyDeleteCan I get you to come and work on my quilts for a Klondike bar???
I found your blog through Bonnie's linky. Have a great week!