I have tried to sew a bit each day since this is National Sewing Month. I don't sew at all on Sunday, it is my Sabbath Day. The Project I'm mostly working on is my Farmer's Wife and Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. They both are made from my 30's Stash. Here is my Farmer's Wife on the wall at Lynn's this week.
This is how it was after Tuesday. I forgot and didn't take out the blocks from Month 9 or 10 that I have done.Wednesday, I sewed more sashings on and we put it up with the bottom on the side. I turned the picture so the bottom corner is the same in both pictures. Putting this quilt on point isn't as easy as it looks.
Lynn is smart and is adding a sashing and cornerstone to two sides of each block. Her quilt won't be in the same Placement as the Book has. I'll be working on finishing the last of my blocks and try to get this to Flimsy before the Farmer's Wife Class this month. Happy Sewing/Quilting my Blogger Friends!
You are doing wonderful. I haven't sewn on either one of mine in a long, long time.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you keep straight which quilt you are working on if they are both 30s prints. : )
ReplyDeleteDo you feel like you can see the end in sight now?
Wow, those are awesome! You have so much done! Those quilts will be amazing. I didn't like the colors of my FW but I have so many done that I really don't want to start over on another color. These pictures let me see the colors in your blocks more. I love them! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteCheery wave from Bev
Hmmmm... does stitchery count? I've gotten some of that in, if I haven't sat at the sewing machine, every day! Your blocks are incredible. This will be such an amazing finish! I know you're looking forward to being able to see the end of the tunnel!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh your blocks look wonderful! I got to sew last Saturday and hopefully this Saturday, you've inspired me :)
ReplyDelete