Monday, September 17, 2012

Design Wall Monday- September 17, 2012

Shop Hop Challenge Fabric for Sew n Vac in Walla Walla...Fabric by Kaffe AGAIN!  I ran out of the 1/2 yard of fabric I purchased for the Challenge so had to go buy a second packet. While there I asked why the deadline for this was during Quilt Show Week-end and 2 weeks before the Week of Shop Hop?? Since NO ONE had turned any in by close of day Saturday, we all have an extra week. YES!  I can finish this one and not stress. It's only 18" or so. I want to take my time quilting it. This is just a Peek for now.  I will REVEAL it in all it's glory during Shop Hop week the end of the month.

As for progress on the Farmer's Wife...There was no time for finishing it with all of my Volunteer time at the Quilt Show and attending the Demos when I wasn't at the Front Welcome Table. It was a Great Show!

I played at Lynn's last Thursday before going to set up at the Quilt Festival.  We cut out some Kits and I tried to put one together for a Sample. The Pattern for this one is called "Easy Does It".  I found out the hard way---Read the Instructions!  I guess I just don't DO Random!!! I've had to re-arrange the rows again since I brought them home.

Click over to see More DWM links HERE.   It's Monday!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad they extended the deadline! Quilt shows are magnificent fun, aren't they?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Mary, no pressure. ;o)
    You are always so buys. Have fun at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite the challenge fabric. I would be really stumped with it--so out of my comfort zone. Good luck getting finished in time!
    And I definitely struggle to do random, too. My oldest daughter can just let the fabric fall and put things together without any rearranging. I often wish she was around to help me on things like that. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com