Friday, December 21, 2012

12-21-12 -A New Day!

I woke up this morning and the news was showing a Moment of Silence for the Victims of Sandy Hook Elementary.  90 seconds is a long time to watch people standing grim faced...
I read online that Emilie Parker's Father was the first to speak to the Media.  I some how knew he was LDS, like me.  The face and actions shone out to me, and I just knew. Heaven got 26 new angels that day.

I'm HAPPY the world is still here- no BIG BANG, Earthquake or Apocalypse.  I've got a Mystery to finish!
Bonnie Hunter's EASY STREET Part 5 is up and I'm ready to cut THESE FABRICS-What is left of a $49.99 KIT from my Hancock days.  I guess 6-7 years ago putting Purple and Turquoise together was good too.  I forgot I had these fabrics.  I had them hidden behind the doors of my nicely folded (organized) Stash!

Here's to a New Day and a world where children don't have to live in fear of the evil men who conspire.  I remember as a child watching the "Twilight Zone" through the legs of the chairs from the doorway of the bathroom in our house. My older Sister and Brother kept telling me it was the "End of the World" if I didn't go to sleep.  Maybe that's why I'm a "nightowl".  They made me afraid to fall asleep.

4 Days until Christmas- the celebration of the Christ Child's Birth. I'm ever grateful for the many gifts Jesus Christ has given me.  The hope of Life Eternal and Happiness.

Wishing every one who reads this a very 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. All the crazy hype about 12/21/12. So silly, isn't it? Like I read somewhere...worst apocalypse ever. LOL! Yes -- here's to the new day you described!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Parker family is in my niece's ward in Connecticut, though their children go to different schools. Emilie was flown home to Ogden for burial (the family just moved to Connecticut earlier this year).
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Mary. Hope you are well enough to enjoy it with family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com