Jes and Janessa took us to the "Garden of the Gods" the afternoon we got there on the way to pick Jackson up from school. It is very close to their home. We were tired from getting up at 4am to catch the shuttle to the Airport in Spokane.
The sky was so pretty I had to take a picture...| Balance Rock |
We took this funny picture of us holding up the ROCK. We had to wait our turn to take a picture. A lot of people walk the trails. Janessa said to bring my Hiking boots. HERE is the link to the history of the park. The property belonged to the Perkins family who conveyed the 480 acres of land to the City of Colorado Springs with the provision that it always be a FREE place to go. HERE is more information about when it is open. It is not federally owned like the National Parks where you have to pay to go and see the pretty rocks.
The last day Grandpa Paul took a long walk and a bunch of pictures with his Phone. We picked him up almost 3 hours later. He said it was so peaceful there. These are in no particular order. Enjoy!
On the right is the Kissing Camels. (Click to see the picture larger)
Paul says he saw a deer in the bushes here...can you see it??
















WOW! What a beautiful place! I love the picture of y'all "holding up" the rock! :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this place, Mary. It does look like a national park out of Southern Utah or something. Very beautiful. Good of the family to share it with everyone.
ReplyDeleteI think I spot the deer, but I'm not sure--it is well hidden.
I can't see the deer, but I wasn't sure whether you were talking about the picture above or below the question...
ReplyDeleteGlad dad was able to have a nice peaceful walk. We liked that place. It's so pretty, even though it was HOT when we were there.
You guys were so strong to hold up the rock!! :)
ReplyDelete