Sunday, December 23, 2012

MERRY Christmas to ME!

It has been a week of twirling emotions...I'm so grateful for my family and friends who endure my holiday FUNK.  I'm sorry when it affects my Christmas Spirit.  I WANT to SING today!!!!  I'll try, but the Mormon Tabernacle Choir might have to help me.

I got this package from Janet O this week.  I'm linking to her Beautiful home post, go check it out.  All decorated for Christmas.  I'm so happy to count her a friend.


Our friends; Mignon and Bob and Whitney hosted a little party at her beautiful home yesterday.  I am so glad we went to see and visit with some friends.  She had 3 kinds of yummy soup and a spiced punch that soothed me.  The best part was seeing where she'd hidden her vast collection of Nativities and her 'collections' all though the house.  I took the opportunity to go peeking into each room on my way out to see the Christmas trees she put up and decorated.  She is the lady I helped decorate the Nativity room at the Church with when we first moved to Walla Walla. She has quite the knack for placing them just right!  I should have asked to take pictures...

 I sure missed going to see the Nativites in Pasco this year, our Stake didn't do a Nativity Display this year.

Here are a few pictures from my house. In spite of not being in the best of health, I did manage to decorate a bit.  On Friday, when I was having my worst day...the doorbell rang and  the door got knocked on by the delivery people bringing gifts from two of our families.  A pretty bouquet of roses in winter from Brant and his "Christmas" Tina who are Celebrating with her family this year.   I was eating dinner when the roses came and could barely finish my soup, I was bawling like a baby.  All my favorite colors and even red ones for my Momma!

 At the bottom is a chocolate and cheese tray from Joe and Kori. Kori always thinks hard of the perfect gifts to give. Always so thoughtful.   Kori and I are both missing our Mothers at this Christmastime.  I feel her sorrow...

 Here's my Living room...ready or not they are coming today and Jeff is HOME!  I am a happy MOMMA!
Remember kids, I cry when I'm happy too!!! We will miss the ones too far away to come.


 a few gifts under the tree for the families coming
 my new book to read to the little ones...
Our almost fully covered closet door. I'm so grateful for all who send cards and family letters to share.  
The picture cards are the best. They have come from people who have touched our lives for the past 37 Christmases!

5 comments:

  1. Yea! My card made it to your house yesterday! Hopefully the ones further away will get there's Monday.
    We're excited to see you in a bit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun presents!! You done good! And I *know* how happy you must be to have your sweet boy home!!! That's the best present of all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely roses, Mary. I know the memories of your Mother can make this a bittersweet season. Enjoy the loved ones around you!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com