Monday, April 14, 2014

Design Wall Monday- April 14, 2014

For today's Design Wall I'm making it a Border Post.
I found a bunch of quilts in my TBQ pile that only need a border.
In hopes of getting them off that UFO TBQ list, I NEED to get the borders finished.
Since Judy Laquidara is the Queen of Borders I will consult her Book that is on my shelf.
I've already started one of her Borders on This Spiderman Zig Zag Quilt.
It needs to be attached.  Should be an easy finish.
 I don't want just a "Blob-O-Border" on this one either.
I'm open for suggestions in the comments.
I still have some leftover fabrics to make a border for this quilt.
Maybe I will make a few more blocks to make the quilt bigger, then add the border.
 These three are on my mind for the rest of April. 
 Last year at this time I made the UFO Parade Tab at the Top of the Blog.
It's time to reduce that UFO Number.

Linking up to Patchworktimes HERE

3 comments:

  1. I have no suggestions because I am pretty bland when it comes to borders. I do have Judy's book and it is packed with great ideas!
    Good luck choosing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have Judy's book (I have a border book by a different Judy)but the first thing that popped into my mind was prairie points in the crayon colors clumped in different areas around the border with the dark fabric behind it. 5 in a group, or 7 or 9, that way you don't have to do a lot of measuring to get it exact and it adds some interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this book from Judy. I've used it as a reference a lot. Most of her quilts have multiple borders... some pieced but some plain,too. I love the crayon quilt...very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com