Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ocean Waves calling to me...

My NewFO's listed HERE reminds me that in March I was supposed to be making "Ocean Waves". 

  Bonnie Hunter has a Free Pattern for it HERE. 
She tempted me again, this week with one in the works
 that she saw in her travels HERE
After doing a search on Quiltville, I found she even has a Post with my Friend,
Pam A's Ocean Waves Quilt HEREI remember watching Pam make hers.

The month of March came and went and as of Yesterday I resisted these Bonus HST's. 
Remember, I spent time stitching them and my helper, Noel spent a lot of time sorting and 
trimming the dog-ears at the WW County Fair & Frontier Days last Labor Day week-end?
 Each tiny HST had to be trimmed to 1.5"
The smallest measurement on this side of my newest ruler
"The Tucker Trimmer"
Here are some of the Tiny hst squares sewn into 4's
they measure 2.5" now
 I made 2 of each type of the Blocks needed
Blocks A-1 & A-2
These are 4.5" blocks
 To connect the rows a Block 2 is made from a 1.5" HST with wing triangles attached to a 3.25" square.
Those tiny Wing Triangles were cut from a 2.25" square, sub-cut diagonally once.
2 sides with neutral wings and 2 with Purple wings.

I made 5 of the Block 2's and sewed it together.
This MINI Quilt is big enough, I think... 
It used up most of my Scrappy Bonus HST's---
 I've used them for two other MINIs at least.
Do you think it will bug me too much that on  the lower right corner -the fabric center is upside down? 
I am thinking some hand quilting would be best on this mini- Can I do it in a week???

Our Stake is having a Family History Seminar next week, they have asked our 
Daughters of Utah Pioneers to have a display table. 
I'm taking one of my Small Covered Wagons to display- I need a quilt to hang out of it, RIGHT???
Naturally my heart was being turned to my 
Great, Great, Great Grandma Ann Mariah Bowen Call Lloyd.
(ex-polygamist wife of Anson Call)
This one is hers, made in her 91st year.
 
Once I am done quilting it, I believe my 3rd Great-Grandma will stop nudging me to make this quilt.
I still have a LOT of Bonus Triangles in Black and Purple...

Don't laugh---Janet O!!!

3 comments:

  1. Who's laughing? : )
    I am loving your little quilt and the ties to your heritage. Wonderful, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny little triangle units! I have never heard of a tucker trimmer but it has helped you make a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Mary! I love tiny triangles and the fact that they are bonuses makes it even better. I love that your Grandma nudges you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com