Friday, April 11, 2014

Testing Quilting Patterns

I got up the other day to test a New pattern that I downloaded into the Quilt-so-Clever on "BETSY".
It's called Chantilly Lace.
My favorite type of design- Loops and open line quilting with NO back tracking.
I didn't know which quilt to put it on.  I have Wendy's quilt that I need to quilt. 
 I wanted to practice on another one of mine before I tackled it. 
I looked through my UFO pile and found my 2009 Christmas SBS Swap Quilt that needed to be finished.
I posted them first HERE way back in November of 2009!
Check out where they all came from at the Linked Post.
Each block came with a Siggy Square, their name and Location- written on fabric.
 I will attach it with the Hanging sleeve on the back of the quilt after I bind it.
 I took it with me to the Book signing with Jennifer Chiaverini last year in Colorado.
She kindly signed it for me.


I have many more UFO's and To be Quilted tops that are calling me. 
Some of the 7 on the TBQ list are in need of at least 1 Border before they are ready.

The Celtic Solstice is ready as is my Marti Michell "The Romance Continues" BOM 
from last year.  Lynn showed me the NEW Marti Michell BOM Tuesday- I am resisting for now!!!
I could have quilted either one of them today if I'd bought the backing to go with it.
I doubt I'll run out of UFO's this year but I'm sure trying to work on them to the Finish!!!

After I posted my Swap quilt on FB I got a bit of a Guilt trip from Wendy...lol
She liked it and said Hint Hint.
I got up and put her quilt on after I sewed the backing and cut some Warm & Natural Batting for it.
The sensors on my "Betsy" are very Touchy, I have found.  I had to make sure everything was making contact and off I went stitching Daisies on this cute Quilt.
 The denim sashings and Pockets were a bit of a challenge.
I adjusted the quilting area to avoid the blocks that had the pockets on them.

Wendy made it from her Daughters clothes that she wore when she was younger.
A Lot of the dresses were made by her Grandma Turner.
Here's a close-up of the "Daisies" on the flannel backing.


Whew!! 3 quilts in 3 days!  Time for bindings and some hand stitching.

2 comments:

  1. The lace and daisies are both very pretty designs.
    I can't believe that with all of the BOM and BOW projects and NewFOs, and everything else you are doing that you actually have time to finish any UFOs!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing you finish all those projects! Since you start new ones all the time, 3 in 3 makes sense once in awhile. I'm SO glad the new machine is working for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com