A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Quilting Challenges...
I don't want to wait until the very last minute for the Quilt Show Challenges so I worked on both of them today. Quilt Show is September 17-18. This is the fabric for the "Block" Challenge. The theme is "Branching Out". I got my Block made, but may make another one with more contrast. This is really a "challenge" to me because it is working with Batik fabrics...not my favorites.
There is also a Quilt Challenge at our Walla Walla Valley Quilt Show using the "Branching Out " theme. Again I thought I would use the Batiks so here's a sneak peek of the project. I think I have the basic part of this Mini quilt done. Now for the Handwork and Quilting and embellishing. Thanks to Lynn for letting me use some of her Batik 'stash' for this Challenge. Both the "Block" and 'Theme' Challenges are Viewers choice so I hope some people like them. There is a really good story about how this quilt came to be and I like how it is turning out so far...
Lastly, I have this fabric that I need to make a project with for the Shop Hop coming up this month. I see a lot of Possibilities in it but am still trying to think of how to use the fabric best. What do you see?? This one is the first one due, (September 13th) so I need to get on it quick! The Winner is chosen by a Viewers Choice from those who attend the "Shop Hop" at Sew 'n Vac.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(177)
-
▼
August
(19)
- Quilting Challenges...
- Design Wall Monday 8-30-10
- On the Agenda
- Old Friendship -renewed
- Win a "GO" machine from Sweet Paulette
- Design Wall Monday 8-23-10
- Thinking "PINK"
- "Teachers"
- Quilting Gallery "Flowers" Contest
- Posy Needlecase SWAP
- All together- two days of sewing
- Design Wall Monday August 16, 2010
- New project- rainbow colors
- Raffle Quilt Blocks
- Design Wall Monday August 9, 2010
- Ward Family Campout
- Link quit working -
- Another Contest- please vote
- Design Wall Monday August 2, 2010
-
▼
August
(19)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
I don't know if I see beach balls, umbrellas, or those peppermint candies in that fabric. Oh, the possibilities! Fun fabric.
ReplyDelete