Monday, August 9, 2010

Design Wall Monday August 9, 2010

I have put the Marti Michell back up on the wall. It is now 1/2 done. Six blocks sewn with the star sashing. I changed the enlongated stars to friendship stars after mis-cutting the points. With the straight setting it worked out just fine, I think. I still have 3 blocks left to make and put the final borders on. I got a little side-tracked last week by a new project... I know, I know, I need a new project like I need another hole in my head! But since I'm thinking "Pink" for my daughter who will bless us with another addition to the family after the first of next year, I had to do it in miniature for the baby girl in my hopes and dreams. No pictures will be shown until the pattern is published. Lynn and I are getting so close to sending our pattern to Print. Meanwhile I have a couple of fair entries, Guild Log Cabin Blocks and a couple of SWAPS to work on. There's still some time to Vote on the quilts at the Quilting gallery too. Mine is the Patriotic Logs and Stars. You can vote until 11:59pm Monday night. I can hardly wait to see what Judy L has on her Design Wall in the Morning...It's just a click away.

11 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Mary!!! And a new baby, Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see your pattern. Will it be ready for Royal Ridges???

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. I hate it when I miscut fabric, that makes me so frustrated!! looks great. Can't wait to see the new baby quilt, Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors in your quilt. congrats on a new addition to your family-how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You fixed up your "mistake" so well, it looks like it was meant to be that way!
    Congrats on the new baby coming in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are beautiful. I like those stars in the sashing. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the sampler - the colors are put together so well. And gosh - doesn't everyone need a new project now and then???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the green and pinks together. Reminds me of Spring and Easter. You've done well with your "mistake". Doesn't look like anything isn't the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whqat gorgeous colors together!

    ps I voted!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink and green is such a classic, love it! The friendship stars look effortless despite happening through a mistake. Well done on turning it to your advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! It's been fun to watch the progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com